Engine: 350 CID V8
Transmission: 3-Speed Automatic
Mileage: 1586 ( actual )
Body Style: Pickup
Exterior Color: Patina
Interior Color: Red
SUBMIT OFFERS NOW!
Bids will close December 28, 2017.
Gateway Classic Cars is honored to feature this moving tribute to our Vietnam veterans, a 1946 Chevrolet Rat Rod Pickup Truck located at our Philadelphia showroom in West Deptford, NJ. The proceeds from the sale of this truck will be donated to Fisher House Foundation, a not-for-profit organization established to improve the quality of life for members of the military, retirees, Veterans and their families.
The Andrezzis purchased the truck in 2014. Michael is a 100% disabled USMC Vietnam Veteran and one night while not sleeping, as usual, he came up with the idea to make the truck into a tribute to Vietnam Veterans. He had a sign made up that invites Vietnam Veterans to sign the truck or sign the tailgate reserved in memory of the fallen brothers and sisters who made the ultimate sacrifice.
The truck has been all over the country and has thousands of Vietnam Veteran’s signatures. It has been prominently showcased at car shows by the Right Coast Car Association with Syracuse VA Medical Center, Gateway Classic Cars, Syracuse VA Medical Center, National Street Rod Association (NSRA), Marine Corps Toys for Tots and various Veterans organizations that are committed to “Never Forget” our Vietnam Veterans. The generous people of these organizations are dedicated to shining a light on the truck, getting media attention, sharing personal stories and providing support for Vietnam Veterans. The impact this truck has had is truly astounding.
This 1946 Chevy stands bold and has been coined a “hybrid rat rod” by Michael as the truck features modern performance and safety features including:
• Custom 2X4 Tubular Chassis
• C4 Corvette Front Suspension with Heidts® Coilovers
• Four-Wheel Disc Brakes with Wilwood® Master Cylinder and New Lines
• GM 350 CID V8 Crate Engine including New Fuel Pump, Water Pump, Starter Alternator and Edelbrock® 600 carburetor on an Aluminum Intake
• Lake Style Headers with Baffles
• Aluminum Radiator
• Turbo 400 Automatic Transmission with Lokar® Tall Shifter
• Powder Coated Smoothie Wheels with Mickey Thompson® Tires
The original concept of this truck was to eventually go to auction with all proceeds donated to a charity benefitting veterans. Gateway Classic Cars was chosen as the venue for national exposure. Those interested in this 1946 Chevrolet are encouraged to submit offers until Thursday, December 28, 2017. The truck will go to the individual with highest offer over reserve.
In addition to the organizations mentioned, we would like to give our thanks and appreciation to the following individuals:
• Harry Bates from Harry’s Restorations in Williamstown, NJ who generously clear-coated the truck to preserve the signatures for free.
• Jim from Jim’s Lettering in Franklinville, NJ who put his other projects on hold to pinstripe and letter the truck for free.
• Gene Winfield, the distinguished custom car builder of Mojave, CA who sought the truck out at the Right Coast Car Show in Syracuse, NY and signed the hood.
• Jerry Kennedy, Charlie Bryson, Tom Wilkerson, Bob Reynolds and Vernon Walker Jr. of the NSRA hosted the car at multiple NSRA shows.
• “Wings” and Mary Kalahan, from hotrodradio.com, prominently announced the truck during broadcasts at NSRA events.
• Yogi Somerville, from Yogi’s who donated parts for the truck.
• Lastly, we would like to thank the thousands of Vietnam Veterans and their families that have signed the truck, shared heartbreaking stories and continue to battle the effects of the Vietnam War every day.
Fisher House is a not-for-profit organization established to improve the quality of life for members of the military, retirees, Veterans and their families. The Foundation builds comfort homes at military and VA medical centers and gifts them to the government. It has a superb rating of 100 out of 100 by Charity Navigator. Stars and Stripes reported that 91% of Fisher House expenses went directly into free lodging for military families so they can be close to a loved one during an illness or medical treatment. The group operates 67 locations and served about 25,000 families in 2014. These are impressive numbers indeed.
For more information on the Fisher House, please visit: https://www.fisherhouse.org/
For more information about Mike and the Vietnam Tribute Truck, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/vietnamtributetruck/
To view this 1946 Chevrolet Pickup Vietnam Tribute Truck in greater detail, including HD pictures and an HD video, visit www.GatewayClassicCars.com or our Philadelphia showroom located in West Deptford, NJ. For more information, please call 856-599-4100 or email Philadelphia@GatewayClassicCars.com
Numbers Matching and Original Mileage Cars
If marked as such, the Owner states, this vehicles as numbers matching and/or original mileage. It has not been verified by Gateway Classic Cars. As such Gateway Classic Cars is not guaranteeing the authenticity of this claim. Buyer is encouraged to verify this information on their own, prior to purchase.
All Vehicles are sold AS-IS.
This vehicle is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS, with no warranty, expressed, written or implied. Gateway Classic Cars and its affiliates shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, nor is responsible for any omissions or errors in advertising and therefore makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, to their satisfaction to the condition and value, prior to purchase. Gateway Classic Cars and its affiliates shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Gateway Classic Cars and its affiliates assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle, post sale.
This car has been viewed 3,312 times as of 2017-11-23 21:24:18
Up for sale in our Houston Showroom is this 1946 Chevy Pickup. This beautifully restored classic Chevrolet ... More
For sale in our Nashville Tennessee showroom is a show stopping 1950 Chevrolet pickup truck. This 1950 ... More
2,757 Classics and Exotics For Sale Today - Buy One From Us
For Sale in our 16 locations - St. Louis, Louisville, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Tampa, Orlando, Houston, Ft. Lauderdale, Nashville, Dallas, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Denver, Scottsdale.